November 7, 2011 § 1 Comment
November 4, 2011 § Leave a comment
Here is a link to a podcast interview with David Soknacki about the Canadian Air and Space Museum:
Recommended by Rob Cohen in response to my e-mail I sent him. See it here
Largest point made:
The Canadian Air and Space was always inteded to be relocated by the Downsview Park.
The building may be demolished with the exception of keeping a few little historic features, such some of the walls and windows, here and there left to keep the buildings heritage.
November 3, 2011 § Leave a comment
Here is a link to the article from The Star on the confusion of the status of the Canadian Air and Space Museum:
The article talks about:
- The building holding the Canadian Air and Space Museum was originally intended to have the heritage site status.
- Status was lost when the land went to the Parc Downsview Park
- File reviewing the land as a historic landmark was lost
- Canadian Air and Space Museum has a debt of $100,000 in rent
- Building requires $3.5 million worth of renovation
- It seems easier to simply demolish the building
- Company is willing to pay storage space till the Canadian Air and Space Museum can relocate
November 2, 2011 § 1 Comment
I have contacted the York Media Group for the Richmond Hill News to request them to include an article about us and this project blog. They have replied back saying they would like to include our article for the next issue.
Thank you for your e-mail. Please provide for us article in PDF format ready for print and I will send it for print in next issue.
With Best Regards
York Media Group
Richmond Hill News – Markham News – Vaughan News – North York Times
Tel: 416-357-8953, Fax: 905-237-9480
7711 Yonge st., Suite 200, Thornhill, ON, L3T 2C4